As your Commonwealth’s Attorney, I will:
- Honor my oath to faithfully support our laws and Constitution;
- Bring cases without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, zip code, social status or politics;
- Be a strong advocate for crime victims and their families;
- Continue Drug and Therapeutic (Mental Health) Dockets for non-violent offenders;
- Enhance diversion and rehabilitation efforts;
- Support law enforcement.
A Proven Record (2016-2019)
- Prioritized prosecution of violent crimes, criminal gangs, commercial sex trafficking and other threats to Albemarle County residents.
- Enhanced accountability for sexual assault by helping establish the first Sexual Assault Response Team in Virginia to include a university representative.
- Led creation of the Jefferson Area Coalition to End Elder Abuse and Exploitation, increased elder abuse prosecutions, helped secure passage of legislation to facilitate elder abuse investigations.
- Increased child exploitation prosecutions to better protect our children.
- Helped lead establishment of the first area Therapeutic (Mental Health) docket to provide lowlevel non-violent offenders mental health treatment.
- Worked with Albemarle Sheriff Chip Harding and Delegates Toscano and Bell to enhance the DNA databank to solve crime and free the innocent.
Elected Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney in November 2015. Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, Charlottesville Division. Deputy Assistant Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice. Chief Legislative and Antitrust Counsel, U.S. House Judiciary Committee.
Father and husband, first generation American. Married to Margaret C. Tracci, J.D., M.D., Associate Professor of Surgery.